Welcome to UK Christmas Lights. This is a forum for discussing Christmas lighting, Halloween lighting and more. We discuss both static and animated Christmas light displays, and cater for those who string up a single strand each year to the people who spend the whole year producing a jaw-dropping light show!

Pixlite hookup

E1.31 and RS485 DMX pixel controllers, as well as the pixels themselves.
KEVINM1960
Display Type: Static

Pixlite hookup

Postby KEVINM1960 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Okay...I have my Pi player with Falcon player installed, my Pixlite 16 is hooked up to my lights on my mega tree. I can log into fpp on the laptop via my existing home network, my question is ....how do I manually connect my Pi to my controller and still get wifi for the fpp to work on my laptop? I am assuming when this is done the Pixlite will register as a live controller on fpp and I can configure it, because there isnt anything showing at the moment. I have seen that many tutorials etc over the last few months, that I think I am in information overload and missing the obvious. :?

Ted
Display Type: Not Selected

Re: Pixlite hookup

Postby Ted » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:32 am

Hard wire controller to pi via cat5 cable and then run a wifi adapter to connect to your home network
RAF wittering soon to be RAF akrotiri

KEVINM1960
Display Type: Static

Re: Pixlite hookup

Postby KEVINM1960 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:52 pm

Thanks Ted