Welcome to UK Christmas Lights. This is a forum for discussing Christmas lighting, Halloween lighting and more. We discuss both static and animated Christmas light displays, and cater for those who string up a single strand each year to the people who spend the whole year producing a jaw-dropping light show!

Hello from Bristol

Please tell us a little about yourself, purely optional.
Stu007
Display Type: Not Selected

Hello from Bristol

Postby Stu007 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi all.

This will be my first year with pixels, we moved into a front approach house in a small cul de sac last year so the property is much more suited to a lights display.

I'm starting off small, and learning as i go. I bought a second hand E6804 from the fb group so that'll be coupled with strips around 3 windows and the front door. Also planning to make 4 mini trees for the lawn. Like i said small, lol.

Hope to add more for next year.

Do people in the UK get much traffic? Foot or car? Doubt my display will get much attention this year, but i do aspire to enlarge the display once I've got more of an idea what I'm doing.

T4Z
Display Type: Animated

Re: Hello from Bristol

Postby T4Z » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:17 am

Welcome to the madness Stu007!
Last year was my first year. I had a sequence without music throughout the day. Then at 3pm and 5pm had music and lights. After the 5pm show it went back to a non music sequence until 10pm.
We soon realised that it was better to move the show to 4pm and 6pm as parents were taking a detour and bringing their children after school. We didnt have crowds but it was still nice peep around the curtains and see people enjoying the lights!
I hope it all goes well for you.
Taz.
Manchester, UK